MACLON Hospital Concentrate
Powerful Germicide and Detergent. Modern & Most economical antiseptic
- Chlorohexidine Gluconate : 7.5% v/v
- Cetrimide : 15% w/v
- Isopropyl Alcohol / Denatured Alcohol : 7% to 9% v/v
- A versatile antiseptic combined with detergent properties.
- A Powerful broad spectrum bactericide active against Gram positive and Gram negative pathogens.
- Possesses detergent properties.
- A rapid action antiseptic.
- Does not stain or discolour.
- Systemic & local action.
- Retains considerable anti bacterial properties even in the presence of body fluids and organic matter.
- Low toxic and non-irritant.
- Gives a clear solution in all dilutions.
- Retains activity even in high dilution.
Used as antiseptic on living surfaces and for sterilization of inanimate things such as surgical instruments, equipments, thermometers, and all surgical inputs.
Use 5 ml of Maclon HC in1 Ltr of water for surface disinfection of inanimate objects, equipment, trolleys, tables etc. and by washing for storing pre-sterilized instruments, polythene and plastic tubing. Use 10 ml of Maclon HC in1 Ltr of water for disinfection of living tissues in treating or cleaning of wounds & burns. For swabbing during and after labour in obstetrics as a precaution against cross infection and for prolonged immersion of thermometers.
Use 10 ml of Maclon HC in 300 ml of water for cleaning wounds when detergent function is also required and for cleaning catheters, drainage tubing etc., prior to sterilization.
Use 10 ml of Maclon HC in 65 ml of water make upto 300 ml with spirit for pre-operative sterilization of operation site and for emergency sterilization of instruments, rubber appliances, plastic tubing, clinical thermometers etc.